Thursday, May 3, 2007

Round 3: Leg 2, Day 1 & 2

Hola from Valencia, Spain. I´ve just arrived a day and a half ago for a spur of the moment work gig for the next five weeks. Apologies for not posting match summaries for these last two games but I was in transit and settling in... though I did catch last night´s match at an outdoor cafe near my flat. Wow. Chelsea and ManU are out. Liverpool and Milan advance. Who´da guessed it. No one from the pool, that´s for sure. I´ll try to calculate point totals later this week. For the record:

Liverpool 1-0 Chelsea (agg: 1-1, Liverpool won it on penalties)... once again Anfield proves to be inpenetrable.

Milan 3-0 Manchester United (agg: 5-3, Milan advances)... United´s defensive injuries finally caught up with them.

So it´s a matchup of perennial European power houses with 5 time champs Liverpool facing 6 time champs AC Milan in the final, Tuesday the 23rd of May. Be on the lookout to post your pick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If anyone else would like to take a stab at the game summaries and youtube posts i´d be glad for the help. Otherwise I´ll try to catch up when I can.