Sunday, April 20, 2008

Pool Standings: Round 2, REVISED

For an added twist to the CL Pool drama... it has come to my attention (via an unnamed source) that there was a grievous error in this round's point tabulation. It seems that Team Jerusalem was accidentally awarded four points for the Liverpool v. Arsenal tie, though they had picked Arsenal to win. In truth Team Jerusalem earned 12 points in the last round, not the perfect 16. The result is Team Jerusalem dropping into a three way tie for second, while The Terrible Twos reclaim sole possession of first. Looks like the Miami Cowboy strikes again... this time in Israel.

(Wag of the finger at SaMo for a 4 point misstep and me for not double checking)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad someone caught that little slip before I got my hopes unduly raised.

eastern influence said...

Stop it! This drama's killing me. TJ's up, then down, and has the Israeli manager connection going...

Rumor has it here that Essien will find a way to play tomorrow, Terry's nursing an injury worry, but Gerrard's actually out..tough pick here

eastern influence said...

How many points are still up for grabs here???

eastern influence said...

We're hoping Team Jerusalem will be too distracted with the upcoming local showdown between Hapoel Jerusalem & Hapoel Kfar Shelem to pay much attention here...I'm sure I can pronounce these teams....

jv said...

6 points for each pick here, EI. 8 points for the final.