Monday, May 4, 2009

WB & Me

Wear it with pride.

On the eve of the second legs of the semifinals, just thought I'd give a shout out to my peeps from WB. This is the shirt Cantona gave me in 2006 when I left for an LA stint. It was worn by an indoor team the studio fielded in 2000 which was eventually disbanded due to excessive injuries and a shallow bench. Along with the World Cup 2006 Friends Pool, it's what tipped me into following club football. Many good times at lunch watching World Cup matches at the J&B, and CL matches on the screening room's HD projection TV with Cantona, Banana Island, and Claret & Blue. In that spirit, the Continentalist and I'll be watching the second half of Arsenal v. United at Bobby G's in Berkeley tomorrow in case anyone can swing by.

Peace out, WB and x-WB'ers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like it

Cantona said...

The supremely elegant shirt was the best aspect of our Indoor Soccer team. We had two players who could actually play. And me, who thought he could play.I was so unfit,I played in goal. On astroturf! I fractured my rib and my kneecap. I also sustained a horrific back injury after picking the ball out of the net so many times. It was a career ending injury.
But that shirt looks good on you buddy.
thanks for the shout out.

The Claret and Blue said...

Stylin'! Maybe we'll have to catch a match sometime over lunch at the J&B, for old time's sake. Don't know how the logistics would work, but whatever... I wish I still had my Twin Castle United kit. Then I'd be stylin' too!

banana island said...

Oh...look at you!!!! Looks cool!