Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Shot Heard Round The World



The celebration of Donovan's game winning goal in San Diego, CA.

Here's the goal.

If you want to see more reactions coast-to-coast check out this great NY Times blog. (Particularly good are Manhattan's East Village and Long Beach, CA)
.

Even better reaction shots here. The Seattle one is awesome.

And for sentiments from around the world, Liz found this incredible list of comments on the NY Times game summary. Amazing to see the spontaneous outpouring of emotion and congratulations coming in from so many countries, led by the Brazilians. Fuck Yeah!


4 comments:

KC said...

Thanks for finding those comments, Liz! I got goosebumps reading the support from around the globe.

Crown City said...

Wow. That is an incredible uproar. Almost brought me to tears. Seriously. I think the game is catching on...

Best comment from the Times blog: "and we are just the kings of soccer!" (From a Brazilian) Classic.

jv said...

Listening to it again, Ian Darke's call of the goal for ESPN was absolutely top shelf.

LK said...

I think my favorite comment on the NYT piece came from Mario in Rio:

"I had to tell you guys how emotional this game was for me, a brazilian. US team is very, very good. The only thing left is to build a stronger mind. Understand that, in this game, "yes we can" is more than a simple quote. I cried so much when Donavan socred I couldn't believe myself. Than, reading ALL this posts, even more. Beautifull game. I hope, very much, that FOOTBALL fans, not only in NY, SF and Miami, but also in the midsle, start to come out. Congrats!!! Wellcome to planet ertah most exciting sport!"

Here's hoping the US has a strong mind on Saturday!